June is National Homeownership Month. For many Americans, their home is an important financial investment, and it can be a source of great personal pride and an important part of community stability. Whether you own your own home currently or you are thinking about it in your future, here are 10 reasons to be a homeowner.
- Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
- Having more space to fit your family whether it is growing or an older family member moves in.
- More privacy comes with having more space available.
- Stability and security of knowing your area and the people living in your neighborhood with the possibility of fun gatherings with neighbors.
- Freedom to decorate and control of your space with renovations and updates.
- Not having to hear loud music, alarms or other annoying noises through your walls….that is, unless you have teenagers….
- The landlord doesn’t decide if you or your child should have a best friend – the family pet.
- Not having to save quarters and hauling laundry to a laundry mat.
- A garage to keep the car and recreational belongings safe.
- Once your mortgage is paid off, housing costs are limited to maintenance, insurance and taxes.
Let Metro 1st Mortgage, the home lending side of Metro Credit Union, help you complete your dream of being a homeowner. They will work to satisfy our borrower’s unique needs quickly. Contact a staff member from Metro 1st Mortgage today.